- Living on a budget is difficult. Especially when the first week of the month is Homecoming, and you’d rather eat good food and drink fun drinks than live within the budget. Being a grown-up is hard. There’s grace. I’m learning – about grace & how to live within my budget. Side note: it’s also hard to live on a budget when you really, really like buying clothes.
- India has the highest rate of modern day slaves. Thanks, International Justice Mission’s facebook page for that sad statistic. Lord Jesus, help me be a part of your redemptive plan for justice, for freeing the slaves, for finding children homes and for breaking EVERY stronghold. Come, Lord Jesus, come.
- Fountain coke Fridays rock. It’s worth the $1.09 to give me something to look forward to and help me focus throughout the 8 hours that separates me from the weekend.
- Party planning should be listed as a spiritual gift. Planning events and mingling at them brings me so much joy I have to prevent myself from jumping up and down while giggling. Cookies with the Bulgarian flag on them at MLJ’s Bulgaria Open House last weekend were one of the highlights of my first 90 days at the company. That and meeting new families excited to take the next step in giving a child a forever family. Here’s to super cute cookies and one less child without a home.
- It might take until the end of time, but the Lord is going to cultivate a spirit of patience in me. The kind of patience that says, “I know I’m not where I want to be right now, but I’ll get there; I’ll pray and wait, and be present until it’s time.”
I am thankful for November. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for Jesus’ sacrifice. I am thankful for a God who is continually teaching me lessons, even when my heart is stubborn, especially when my heart is stubborn.