It’s Monday and the ten-day forecast only shows highs in the 50’s and 60’s, that means DRESS SEASON! I’m a dress wearer; they’re my favorite, they’re my go-to, so I am very excited that I will be able to wear them for the next couple days to work. I get sick of wearing pants all winter, especially COLD winters like this one. So, as I outfit plan for the week, I’m excited to incorporate some of my favorite items in my closet.
- In addition to dresses, I’m loving Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Life Together. I’m not surprised that I am really enjoying it, as I am a big fan of community, but I’m learning a lot, too. The only reason we can be in community is because of Christ.
- After talking about it all winter, my hair is blonde. I love my hairdresser and she did a great job lightening up the color. This winter my hair got VERY dark, which isn’t always true, and it was also pretty dull. I’m thankful that it’s lighter; it’s true what they say, “Blondes really do have more fun.”
- I’ve been under budget for clothes the past two months, and I’m still under budget for March. This is a huge success for me. I’m also loving the ways that God is changing my heart towards new stuff, and stuff in general. Move stuff is scientifically proven to increase our stress, and I do not need more stress, I want less stress, I want to simplify, and an easy way to do that is to limit what I’m allowed to buy. I’ve also been disciplined in reading the books I already own instead of buying new ones. New is not always better.
- I have a sweet friend who has been in my life for 5+ years. We spent great time together on Friday evening. I am beyond thankful that God sees me, and cares for me by providing me with fellowship. I appreciate experiencing God’s faithfulness in enduring friendships.
- Here’s my cliché spring shout out! Spring is here! I am SO EXCITED! The snow can go away while I enjoy the sunshine and warmer temperatures.
Hope you have a wonderful week full of sunshine!