I told a friend last week that I thought this weekend would be the calm before the storm. This spring is quickly becoming a very exciting, but action packed season. The slowness of this winter has been so good for me – resting and healing – so I’m apprehensive for that to change. But, with the change comes some really great stuff – a reunion with two of my best sorority friends and former roommates, Final Four in Indianapolis, more hours at J.Crew (read: getting that student loan paid off) and running, lots and lots of running. Today I’ll over the place, feeling lots of love and some frustration, but choosing to focus on the love.
- After great conversations with some best friends this weekend and today, I’m convinced that not all words are created equal. Three of the best phrases you can hear from people who love you: 1) Keep what doing what you’re doing; it matters 2) Thank you for caring 3) I’m proud of you.
- Homemade macaroni and cheese is even better than Kraft. All you need is macaroni noodles, some butter, some milk and cheddar cheese. Put it all in a bowl, nuke it for a little over a minute, stir and serve. Let’s go!
- I’m a big fan of mom-bloggers. Big fan. I call them my mom-blogger-friends. They’re not actually my friends, I know that, but the internet is weird and I sometimes feel strangely invested in their lives. So, when one of them invites her fans (“her people”) to apply to join the launch team for her new book, someone, like me, would say, “Why not apply? We’re basically friends.” And then someone, like me, ends up on a launch team for a book. What? Yes. In August, Jen Hatmaker’s latest book, For The Love will officially come out. Right now, I’m getting to read through it. It’s good. Really good. Like will probably end up on the shelf of my bookcase that is designated for favorite books. #forthelove
- It’s March Madness. The Hoosiers are doing the dance. The Hoosier state has 5 teams in the tournament. It’s a good week to live in the state of Indiana. Plus, temperatures hit the 70’s with plenty of sun. Lots of good things happening here.
- Starbucks Caramel Iced Coffee hits the spot on sunny days like today. I loved getting to walk to Starbucks with my Starbucks buddy. We trudged through so much snow this winter that we could not wait for the sun to come out so that we could walk and enjoy Mass Ave. On the days when the phone does not stop ringing, I love having a co-worker/friend who will walk with me and remind me that what we do matters.
I hope that in the midst of whatever you’re experiencing, you’re able to find five thing that you’re loving. Picture them, focus on them, and choose the love over the frustration.
Also, I’d love for you to check out Ministry from a Millennial — a collaborative community that I’m a part of. We are looking to become a safe place for twenty-somethings to share ideas about the callings that God has put on our lives.